Follow lauxmyth on Twitter

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First post ... the introduction.

This post marks the launch of yet another blog about locksmiths and locksmithing. I hope it can be of help to a few different groups of people. I hope to make it clear at the top of each item to whom I am speaking. Some items will be directed at the occasional retail consumer of locksmith services. Others will be of more value to big commercial property managers or institutional clients. Yet others will be written toward other locksmiths be they apprentices or 'veterans'. I have even found a few topics which speak to other trades and governmental regulatory bodies.

It must be said that I am NOT writing with opinions of my employers. While I am proud to work for this company I shall not be naming it. Also, I belong to several trade organizations and while I may mention them, I am not a spokesman for them either. I just hope that a year after publishing any one item here, I still agree with it.

I guess the summary is that I am a middle aged male with some insights and enough ego to commit it to paper. I hold a Bachelor of Education in Secondary Physical Science and Mathematics from the University of Alberta in 1987. While teaching, I was also the Chief Judge for the Edmonton Regional Science Fair for several years and the Chief Judge for the Canada-Wide Science Fair in 1999. I am also a Certified Journeyman Locksmith from the Red Deer College programme in 2006. I wish to continue to learn. Join me in this quest.