Follow lauxmyth on Twitter

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My New Keychain

Having built a garage last year, I finally put up a method to show my collection of 'funky' keys gathered over the last decade or so. It is a length of small link chain held to the ceiling by a pair of shelf brackets. Each key is then hooked by an open paper clip.  This photo shows about half of the first of two planned key chains

I have copies of all the common high security keys used here in Western Canada as well as some rarely used key types too. Some came from a large institutional client cleaning out lost and found and I have no idea what the key does.  Some were retired from service for one reason or other. And at this point, I do not even know how some came into my hands.

From a quick glance, I see the cheapest of all suitcase keys and dimpled keys to a fire safe.  At the far end is an RSA key.  Guess it is retired now.  The batteries died long before RSA had its breach.



--- --- --- --- ---
The contents of this post are released for non-profit or educational use in whole or in part provided this statement and the attribution below are kept attached.

Laux Myth ... Thoughts From a Locksmith
By MartinB, Found @ http://lauxmyth.blogspot.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Locksmith play an important role in our life but most of time we ignore them. I think we should give important as other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we get the same attention as many other trades. Many home owners plan for plumbing and furnace repairs by finding reputable companies over time. And those same home owners realize good techs cost real money to get out of bed at 3 am. The sham companies are not in the same class and will often wait for the panicky calls from the other types of home owners.

    Yes, we are often ignored. However, not by our best customers.

    ReplyDelete