Follow lauxmyth on Twitter

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cooking ... not off topic

I get few calls on Sunday nights and gambled by putting on a roast. I am not always perfect getting 'done' right on roasts when I stay to watch them but this was about half way there when a job came in. I covered it, turned off the oven and headed out. The job was routine and I drove home. The oven was still hot and I could tell it was about 275 F or 135 C. It had clearly browned up some. I partly cooked the vegetables before pulling it out to cut it some. The inside was great and so was the whole meal. In the end it was in the oven for about 3 hours but sometimes these things work out. (BTW ... if it would have been ruined, I would have had a full vegetable supper and that is fine for me too and I made enough money to eat out if I wanted also.)


You have to be careful using the internet for metric conversions it seems. I fired '275 F Celsius' into Google and found a page of sites. Near the top was a site for baking and used the word oven. Bingo! Only at one point on the page it gave 275 F as 135 C and another place as 140 C.
http://www.baking911.com/howto/oven_temps.htm
I ran to another site which was a universal conversion calculator and 135 is better but for the precision needed in most roasting, this would be a minor point.


--- --- --- --- ---
The contents of this post are released for non-profit or educational use in whole or in part provided this statement and the attribution below are kept attached.

Laux Myth ... Thoughts From a Locksmith
By MartinB, Found @ http://lauxmyth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment